March to April
Spring has sprung and it's time to get busy in the numerous sunny days, avoiding the April showers!
- Enjoy Mother’s Day and don’t forget to pick up one of our gorgeous Mothers Day hanging baskets or containers bursting with spring bedding.
- Compost and farmyard manure are excellent forms of organic matter for boosting your soil and mulching your borders.
- Pot grown shrubs, perennials, trees and fruit have their own established root system and can now be planted all year round but the sooner they can be established the sooner you can enjoy them.
- Get busy sowing hardy annuals, vegetable, herbs and wild flower seeds.
- Plant shallots, onion sets, and early potatoes
- You may want to plant out some of our sweet peas in April.
- Get ready to plant your summer flowering bulbs.
- Whether sowing new lawns or repairing bare patches we have plant seed, feed and turf available at this time.
- Garden tools need checking, sharpening and sometimes replacing.
- Now is the last chance to plant bare root hedging
- Spring bulbs like snowdrops, aconites, muscari, iris and tulips are now emerging in pots available to plant out.
- Top dress pots and containers with a good compost or repot if required.
- Download our Spring Interest Guide